- Selected Invited Talks and Lectures
- “Access and Inclusion in State Park Interpretation,” for South Carolina State Parks, forthcoming, Spring 2018
- “Alumni Q&A Session on Museum Careers” for Louisiana State University Museum Practices, 2017.
- Charleston and Public History – Trip with OLLI Program at Coastal Carolina University, 2017.
- “Access and Inclusion: Tips and Tricks for your Museums, ” Inter-Museum Council of Nashville, Webinar, 2017.
- “Accessibility and Inclusivity at Museums and Historic Sites,” American Association for State and Local History, Webinar, 2016.
- “Accessibility and Education in State Parks,” Southeastern State Parks Programs Seminar, Nashville, TN. December 2014.
- “May Day! Disaster Preparedness for Museums and Archives,” Museum at 5ive Points, Cleveland, Tennessee for the Tennessee Association of Museums. May, 2014
- “The House with Many Eyes: A History of Blount Mansion and a Look Into the Future,” Downtown Knoxville Rotary Club, April 2014.
- “Blount Mansion and East Tennessee History,” Fort Loudoun, Tennessee. February 2014.
- “Restoration and Preservation: Blount Mansion’s Past and Future,” University of Tennessee Women’s Club, February 2014.
- “The House with Many Eyes: Blount Mansion’s Expansive Past,” Knoxville Rotary Club, January 2014.
“Public Access to History through Experimental Archaeology,” Reconstructive and Experimental Archaeology Conference, Williamsburg, Virginia.
“Making Public History Accessible: Exploring Best Practices for Disability Access,” working group participant, National Council on Public History, Baltimore, Maryland
“Accessing History: Museums in a Post-ADA World,” South Carolina Federation of Museums, Aiken, South Carolina
“Historic Homes of Knoxville: Breaking Barriers and Creating Successful Partnerships” at the South Eastern Museums Conference annual meeting, Knoxville, Tennessee
“Brass Tacks: Preventive Conservation in Historic Houses,” moderator. South Eastern Museums Conference annual meeting, Knoxville, Tennessee
“New Solutions for Old Houses: Engaging Visitors and Managing Today’s Historic House Museums” at the South Eastern Museums Conference annual meeting, Knoxville, Tennessee
“Welcoming All Visitors: Accessible Programs at History Museums and Sites,” chair and presenter at the American Association for State and Local History annual meeting, Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Sustainability at Historic House Museums: Creative Thinking, Projects, and Partnerships” at the Tennessee Association of Museums Annual Meeting, Johnson City, Tennessee
“TLC as a Sideshow: The LEARNING Channel?” at the Popular Culture & American Culture Association in the South annual meeting, New Orleans, Louisanna
“Access for All: Museum Education Programs for Students with Special Needs” at Tennessee Association of Museums Conference, Franklin, Tennessee
“Acting on Accessibility in a Post-ADA America” Session Chair, Tennessee Association of Museums Conference, Franklin, Tennessee
“Rookie Roundtable: Professional Development for Museum Professionals” at Tennessee Association of Museums Conference, Franklin, Tennessee
“Disability and Museum History: Exhibiting the Other” at Chronic Disease and Disability Section Western Social Sciences Association Conference, Denver, Colorado
“Creating Programs at Museums for Special Education Classrooms” at Tennessee Council for Exceptional Children State Conference, Nashville, Tennessee
“Sensitivity and Awareness: Steps to Take for Successful Connections” at Tennessee Association of Museums Conference,
“Your Museum: Compliance, Awareness, Sensitivity, and Outreach” Session Chair, Tennessee Association of Museums Conference, Memphis, Tennessee
“What Can Lady Gaga Teach Us About the French Revolution? Social Media and Public History,” at the Popular Culture & American Culture Association in the South, New Orleans, Louisiana
“Public History and Popular Culture Use and Abuse” Session Chair, Popular Culture in the South Conference, New Orleans, Louisiana